This is an ‘In-Person’ Competition
Elementary Grades: 4-5 and 6-7
Secondary Grades: 8-9
- Number of Students/Team: Team of 1 to 3 students
- NO previous coding experience or physical robot is necessary to participate!
- Top Winners in each division Grades 4-5, 6-7, and 7-8 will receive Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
- This competition will utilize a internet based software VEXcode VR. VEXcode VR is a web based platform that is accessible through a computer, tablet or Chromebook.
An example of a competition challenge tutorial problem – Corel Reef Cleanup
CONTEST INFORMATION, RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Be in grades 4-5, 6-7, or 8-9 as a B.C. School District student (Public, Private, or Independent).
- Home School students should contact the technical chair for clarifications: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teams can consist of 1 – 3 competitors.
- All team members must attend the same face to face school (grades 4-5, 6-7, 8-9).
- If there is a member of the team in a higher grade, the team will now compete in the higher division.
Scope of Challenges:
Students will Demonstrate the ability to:
- Working as part of a team
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving
Students will complete three (3) VEX Code VR tutorial activities for the competition. The exact tutorial and specific requirements will be announced at the beginning of the competition week via email and here at this website.